RSS

Easy as Sunday Morning....

Did a 4 mile run this AM in my parents town. Kinda glad that I opted to run here instead of at home. Word is that there is a mountain lion loose in my neighborhood. Say What?

It's loose in the area where I normally run, too! Remember how I told yah how vulnerable I feel whenever I pass tall weedy areas? Well, now I am feel even more vulnerable. Added to my lists of possums, and rats, is now a mountain lion. Don't think I can outrun him either as my slow ass pace is 11:20.

The news advises that if and ever you were to come face to face with a mountain lion, to stop and put your arms and hands up. No shit? You want to appear larger than the animal. Other tips are open your jacket if you are wearing one, throw stones, branches, or whatever you can grab without crouching down or turning your back. Wave your arms slowly and speak firmly in a larger voice.

Hah, I'm screwed. I'm 5'2 and run at 11:20 pace. There's no way in hell that I will appear larger. WTF?

Let's hope that I will remember what they advised and not freak the hell out.

I felt a bit productive by bringing my running gear and actually working out in another city other than mine. It felt good. But, I wish I could say that the run itself felt good. It was a wee bit of a challenge for me as it had several inclines. It's good since I need to have some inclines and start finding runs that have hills in training for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. But, it got me thinking and actually chuckling as I was getting winded while running the small inclines. I mean, these were not even high inclines, either. More like little slopes. Sad.

Was starving by the time I got home. Didn't eat breakfast this time. Made me wonder if it was me not eating breakfast that was making me struggle at times during the so called slopy run.

Made myself a hearty egg and bacon sandwich with whole wheat toast and it was so yummy I could have had another one if I really wanted to. Alas, I didn't and I felt so relieved that my fullness finally kicked in.

1 comments:

Megan said...

No effing way. A mountain lion in Sacramento?!!! That is so odd.

Post a Comment