RSS

Taking a Rest Day, For Reals.

I spoke about how hard it is to find a great time to get in some runs, both long and short, while working the night shifts. I'm lucky to have a set schedule which means that I usually get a 7 day stretch of days off once or twice a month.

It's in this 7 day stretch that I try to get as many runs as I can because I know that once I have to go back to work, I won't be able to run for another 5 days!


I did a semi-long run for the first time on Monday. I did 7 miles and boy, did my feet pay for it afterwards. Is this a normal pain after doing long runs? The sides of my feet (the big toe side), especially my right foot was hurting so bad that I couldn't even lay it flat on the ground so easily if I wanted to or walk without a gait for that matter. Two days later, they are still hurting, but not as bad as the day of.

I'm thinking the reason for my soreness is my flat feet as my arches are on fire. I blame my daddy! So, I'm going to head over to the store and seek out some arch supports for my shoes. Right now, I've been rolling them on some kind of cylindrical item. It never felt so good.

So, I'm spending my rest day organizing my iPod's running playlist. I'm sure this subject has been touched already multiple times by other running blogs. But, I just gotta ask. What's in your iPod runnign playlist?

I like to run with music that is kinda fast, happy, inspiring, or basically something that would call me out to the dance floor because it will make me happy and just want to get out there and move.

Right now, I currently have:

1.) Black and White by Michael Jackson
2.) Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
3.) My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
4.) Please Don't Leave Me by Pink
5.) Friday, I'm in Love by The Cure
6.) Bust a Move by Young MC
7.) Eye of the Tiger by Great White
8.) Supersonic by JJ Fad
9.) How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20
10.) Mickey by Toni Basil

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas is my Power song on my Nike+ right now and I love it. I tend to listen to a bit more techno and I love The Crystal Method for running!

Post a Comment