RSS

Facebook Inspires.


It really does help to have running friends. This past Sunday, I met up with two of my girlfriends for a morning running date in their neighborhood. One of my gf''s, whom I'll call PK2, has been inspired with my running updates I make on Facebook that she decided to give running outdoors a try. So, she messages me on FB and we set a date. I was excited and she was excited! I love gaining more running friends. The more the merrier, right?

Boy, was it a hard running date to make. Since the Pacquiao fight was the night before, I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 in the morning. Ugh. I was so tempted to cancel, but I didn't want to disappoint PK2 since she was excited to run outdoors for the first time. That would have been just too cruel.

With that said, I feel so much accountable to keep up the running especially on days when I'm just not feeling it. A few more of my friends on Facebook have expressed to me that they have been getting motivated to start running because of my updates. Strange, but true. I feel so humbled that my little running updates inspire them.

One of my EG girls came along. Actually, since I wasn't familiar with her neighborhood all too well, she told us where to meet her. Pk2, EG Girl, and moi did a cool 3.6 mile run along the trail. We were able to talk and catch up with each other lives which I enjoyed very much as it made the time go really fast. Unfortunately, every now and then, I kept experiencing aches in my arches. I knew it had to do with my awful shoes.

Pk2 really enjoyed the run. She was surprised that she didn't get tired at all and thought it was a great start for her. Hopefully, I can meet up with her more often.

1 comments:

Glenn Jones said...

Be careful about that arch pain! That's the way that plantar faciitis gets started!

Post a Comment